Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Analysis of Project in the Real World

The book states, "Advertising communication depends on a synergy of visual and verbal components. In other words, the visual-verbal ad equation is: 1 + 1 = 3. Nowhere is this more evident than in print. Whether it is a magazine or newspaper ad, an outdoor poster or billboard, there is no motion or sound to dazzle. In print, words and images alone must convey the idea." (Advertising By Design, Robin Landa, Pg. 210) My advertising works in the real world because it does convey my idea. My words and images evoke emotions out of my audience. My audience of women will want to feel glamorous because of what the picture shows. The the group of friends gathering around the woman getting all the attention make my audience want to BE the girl getting all the attention.

The book also states, "
When the line and visual work off one another, together they create greater meaning. Just like a good comedy team or a musical duet, the total effect is greater than the sum of the separate parts; it is seamless." (Advertising By Design, Robin Landa, Pg. 210) My advertisement is good balance of imagery and words. My picture has more meaning than what meets the eye. The words play on a different situation that works well with my advertisement. The advertisement I have for this project engages my audience through words and imagery.

No comments:

Post a Comment