Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Promotion

The book states, "An advertising campaign is a series of coordinated ads, based on an overarching strategy and closely related ideas and connected by look and feel, voice, tone, style, imagery, and tagline, where each individual ad in the campaign also can stand on its own." (Advertising By Design, Robin Landa, Pg. 192) The promotion of my advertisement connects look and feel, voice, tone, style, imagery, and tagline. The look evokes emotions. The style is simple enough to relate to those emotions. The tone is perfect for the demographic. The imagery and the tagline connect with each other creating a great advertisement to evoke feeling.

The book also states, "Commercial advertising promotes brands and commodities by informing consumers; it is also used to promote individuals, groups, corporations, manufacturers. Commercial advertising takes many forms, from single print advertisements to campaigns in any media to sponsorships to branded utilities." (Advertising By Design, Robin Landa, Pg. 7) Promotion for my brand will be done through magazine advertisements. Sally Hansen does a pretty good job of showcasing their advertisements in magazines such as Seventeen or Teen Vogue. However, like I've stated before, the advertisements are straight to the point and kind of boring. Along with my idea for my advertisement, I want to be able to give my viewers a little something. To promote my product even further I would attach a coupon on the advertisement. The coupon would be a $5.00 coupon for Sally Hansen Salon Gel Polish Starter Kit. The starter kit is more expensive than the gel polish itself, but it'll give my viewers a chance to try the whole kit and not buy just the gel polish. My advertisement's attention grabbing idea will not only engage my viewers, but give them even more of a possibility to buy my product because there's a coupon for it. Although the idea may seem cheesy and cheap for some people, I know that my audience are women, and almost all of them are women on a budget. I'm sure every woman is looking for a way to save money, so why not provide a coupon in my advertisement for them?


No comments:

Post a Comment